Welcome Buyers and Sellers!
By requesting to advertise on TopLine Equine, LLC you are bound by the Terms and Conditions of TopLine Equine, LLC. You are assumed to have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – TopLine Equine, LLC’s Advertising CONTRACT – TERMS LISTED BELOW APPLY TO BOTH ADVERTISERS AND BUYERS — TopLine Equine, LLC.
TopLine Equine, LLC is an online advertising site where equestrians can advertise anything equine related for other equestrians to see and potentially purchase. Any questions about advertising or purchasing should be directed to TopLine Equine, LLC, Fallon Thomas (781) 491-2111 info@TopLineEquine.net
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they will govern your use of TopLine Equine, LLC, website and advertising services. Those who advertise and purchase through TopLine Equine, LLC are bound by these Terms and Conditions as amended by any posted notices, which together form the contract between TopLine Equine, LLC and client. When advertising or purchasing through TopLine Equine, LLC the client agrees to the following Terms and Conditions. Any participation with TopLine Equine, LLC binds you to agreement of these Terms and Conditions, whether you read or understand said Terms and Conditions, or not. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you may not use TopLine Equine, LLC’s website or services.
- PURPOSE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS- a) establish advertising procedures; b) facilitate informed advertisements and purchases; c) provide for orderly settlement of finances in completion of purchases; d) allocate rights, responsibilities and risks and e) provide for orderly dispute resolution.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY- TopLine Equine, LLC is an independent contractor regularly engaged in the business of conducting online advertising of equine related items , horses, facilities etc. These advertisements provide a public means via the internet to bring together a seller and a buyer for the purpose of completing the sale of a specified advertisement. Neither TopLine Equine, LLC nor the TopLine Equine, LLC Parties are responsible for any liability whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the loss, damage, injury, death or illness of any horse, person, or property before, during or after the sale. All advertisements are offered in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts and all transactions between Buyer, Owner/Seller and TopLine Equine are governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts. Each advertisement offered in the sale is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY”. In the event of any legal dispute between the Buyer and the Owner/Seller, TopLine Equine will occupy the position of agent for a disclosed principal and stakeholder and will be discharged from all obligations owing to the Owner/Seller or Buyer upon delivery of any property or funds held by TopLine Equine to the court having jurisdiction of such dispute.
- AGREEMENT- a) I represent and agree that I am of legal age to form a binding contract. b) I (hereinafter, referred to as Buyer) agree to these Terms and Conditions, and swear that all information I furnished is true and correct. c) Buyer agrees to be responsible for any purchase made or actions taken by an Agent authorized by me to act on my behalf, d) Buyer agrees that if an agreement has been made between buyer and seller and buyer has signed sale contract, the Buyer has entered into a binding agreement to purchase the horse.
- BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY- By agreeing to purchase any of our advertisements, Buyer is indicating they have examined or researched their item of purchase to their satisfaction. Prior to purchase, Buyers may a) ask Seller for additional information, b) make an appointment with Seller to examine the horse at Seller’s property, c) arrange with Seller to have a veterinarian perform a pre-purchase examination at buyer’s expense or d) hire an agent or equine professional to inspect and evaluate the horse, e) buyer may contact any boarding facilities or trainers about their services with any question’s or to meet in person to see the boarding facility or meet the potential trainer. TOPLINE EQUINE, LLC reserves the right to accept or reject any request for buyer or owner participation on TopLine Equine, LLC. Non-US-Buyers– Foreign buyers are welcome to participate, please note US funds and a form of positive identification are necessary. Buyers have the right to contact the advertiser about any of their advertisements and ask any relevant questions.
- SELLERS RESPONSIBILITY- Seller is responsible for the correct representation of their advertisement, including the description, disclosure of vices, horse’s information, riding and training description, as well as in communication with potential or eventual buyers. Some representations on disposition and handling are the opinion of the Seller and given only as an indication of the horse’s capability. Same goes for the advertising of tack, boarding facilities and trainers. Buyer should inspect, examine and research the horse/tack/farm and trainer to their satisfaction. Seller is responsible for disclosing the following conditions, which must be stated in the description for an advertised horse, if horse is a cribber, weaver, is unsound of eyes or wind, has a parrot mouth, is a cryptorchid or ridgling, has had major surgery or a serious illness, has been nerved, has an altered tail, has received joint injections for lameness or maintenance or has a chronic lameness, regardless of cause, or a lameness due to navicular disorder, ringbone or osteoarthritis, founder prior to the sale or other bone abnormality or neurological disorder including, but not limited to, EPM or wobbles. Seller is solely responsible for the accuracy of all information that appears in the online description of their advertisements. Buyer and Seller agree to hold TopLine Equine, LLC harmless from any claims arising out of any such inaccuracies or omissions. Seller has a continuing duty to respond to the Buyer after the sale, in the event of a dispute over Seller’s representation of advertisement.
- TopLine Equine, LLC’s Advertising Packages & Prices- Prices for different advertisements can be seen on the page when you go to create an ad. Our prices start at $25 a month and go up from there depending on the advertisement. We are always willing to work with our client’s who have more than one advertisement and will set a special price for them.
- WARRANTIES & EXPRESSED LIMITED WARRANTIES – Buyers are encouraged to pre-inspect and carefully examine anything advertised on our site prior to purchasing. There is no warranty, express or implied, by Topline Equine, LLC or any representative as to the soundness, condition, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any advertisements offered for sale. It is the position of Topline Equine, LLC that all horses/tack are sold “AS IS” with all existing conditions and defects. Any guarantees announced verbally on behalf of the owner are strictly between owner and buyer. In addition to speaking with the sellers the prospective buyers have the option to go and test ride any horse or view any tack or farm facilities in person.
- TOPLINE EQUINE, LLC’S RESPONSIBILITY- Topline Equine, LLC is not responsible or liable in anyway if a non-payee or a fraudulent, problem buyer does not purchase an advertisement. Topline Equine LLC is not obligated in any way to reimburse owner for any cost or fees for non-sold horses/tack or fraudulent/problem buyers. Topline Equine, LLC makes no guarantees of results or responsible for results.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS- Methods of payment accepted for all advertisements and buyers are: 1. Stripe 2. Google pay 3. Major credit cards. Payments from buyers to sellers are to be determined between buyer and seller, buyer pays seller directly.
- TITLE, RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY OF HORSE – Title transfers immediately to the buyer once buyer has agreed on purchase and signed sales contract. Title transfer includes all risk of loss including but not limited to illness, injury, or death of the horse. Additionally, at title transfer, the buyer assumes all responsibility for the care and maintenance of the horse, for any loss or damage to property and for injury or death of persons caused by the horse, buyer, or buyer’s employees. Additionally, the buyer agrees to hold harmless Topline Equine, LLC for such loss or damage. TITLE AND RISKS ARE ASSUMED BY THE BUYER WHETHER OR NOT SETTLEMENT AND DELIVERY HAVE BEEN MADE. THIS SHALL ESPECIALLY BE THE CASE WITH PURCHASES MADE BY PHONE. TopLine Equine, LLC recommends the buyer obtain Full Mortality Insurance on horses immediately after purchase, however, this decision and risk rest solely with the buyer and is just a recommendation.
- DEFAULT – Buyers who fail in any respect whatsoever to pay for any horse under these terms shall be declared in default. Any horse purchased by a defaulter may be resold by the seller at public or private sale without notice for the buyer’s account. Costs of such resale will be those of the defaulter. Should such resale fail to satisfy the defaulter’s account in full, the defaulter will immediately pay to TopLine Equine, LLC the amount owing or be subject to legal suit. The defaulter will be responsible for all costs, including attorney’s fees incurred by seller or Topline Equine, LLC in collection of amounts owing for horse(s) purchased, or in enforcement or interpretation of this term of sale
- LIEN/SECURITY INTEREST – To secure the payment of the purchase price and expenses for any horse purchased, together with all other indebtedness owed or hereafter owing by the buyer to seller the buyer hereby grants a purchase money security interest and lien in and to each horse and all accounts, contract rights, registration papers, breeder’s certificates, records, general intangibles, proceeds, and products relating thereto.
- SALES TAX – Buyers residing in Massachusetts will be required to pay Massachusetts Sale Tax of 6.25%, unless exempt and appropriate forms have been completed.
- NO GUARANTEE OF SERVICE- TopLine Equine, LLC does not collect any type of taxes on any advertisements bought or sold on our website. The seller and buyer are responsible to report and pay any Federal Income Tax, State Income Tax, Sales and Use Tax. TopLine Equine, LLC encourages the seller and Buyer to understand the Tax Implications with your state specifically as TopLine Equine, LLC is just the Facilitator.
- INDEMNITY- Buyer and Seller release TopLine Equine, LLC, Sale Managers, advertisers, employees and its representatives, from any and all responsibilities, liabilities, obligations, claims, lawsuits, or legal proceedings arising from the sale of consigned horse. If legal action is initiated against TopLine Equine, LLC involving a consigned horse, the Seller and Buyer agree to fully indemnify TopLine Equine, LLC from such suit, including legal fees and costs incurred by TopLine Equine, LLC. Seller and Buyer agree that TopLine Equine, LLC may publish sale results including information concerning the sale transaction.
- COGGINS REPORT- Seller must provide a copy of a Negative Coggins report drawn within 11 (eleven) months of the closing date of the sale if advertising a horse.
- HEALTH CERTIFICATES- Buyer will be responsible for obtaining and paying for the Interstate Health Certificate for transportation which are only valid for 30 days.
- POST SALE REMOVAL – Any delays in TRANSPORT must be pre-approved by the seller OR You may pick up your purchase in person. Each seller will be able to work with the buyers to arrange transportation at buyers’ expense with a transport company if needed, to any state or Canada. International transport is also an option at buyers’ expense. If you need recommendations for a horse transportation company please ask as we have a few, trustworthy, topline transporters that will give your horse the best of care during shipping!